Artful Caledon is Caledon Public Library’s creative platform for expression of visual, literary and performing arts. It offers spaces for local creatives of all ages to promote their works both in person and virtually.
As an organization, Caledon Public Library recognizes that art and culture enhance the quality of life in our community and as confirmed in our strategic plan, we consider it our priority to celebrate culture and inclusion; supporting Caledon’s creative talent and cultural economy by showcasing local authors, artists performers, musicians and other creatives.
If you are interested in being involved in Artful Caledon, there are a number of ways local artists, musicians and authors can participate:
Promote yourself and your work on our virtual platform.
Provide a brief biography/photo, photographs of your work (3-5) and if there are any links to your personal website, etc. that you would like us to promote.
Showcase your art free of charge at our branches.
We celebrate artists of all ages – from up-and-coming to professionals.
Share your talents by facilitating a workshop or program, a lecture or hosting an author reading or discussion.
CPL would compliment your event with marketing to its customers and the local community.
Add your written works to our collection.
Our goal is to make works by local authors more visible-online, in the catalogue, on our shelves-and to enrich our library collections.
• Artful Caledon Artists are artists of all ages who reside in Caledon and the surrounding communities
• Artists have the option to have a profile and display their work on the Artful Caledon virtual platform, exhibit their works in CPL branches, and may occasionally participate in special events hosted by the library
• All work displayed, virtually or in-person, must be the artists’ own work
• Artists will have the option, through art exhibits/displays, to be featured periodically throughout CPL’s 7 branches; and grant the Library permission to upload and share their artwork or exhibit on the library’s website, social media channels and other communication platforms
• Artists exhibiting their work in the branches will be required to review Caledon Public Library’s Art Exhibit, Display and Community Information Policy and complete with staff an Art Exhibit/Display Application and Agreement before each exhibit
• Caledon Public Library will not act as agents for exhibitors, but artists may display price lists and contact information for prospective purchases. It is expected that all items submitted for display will remain on display for the agreed time, even if sold
• There is no cost to exhibit artwork in the library and Caledon Public Library does not take a commission on sales
• Caledon Public Library bears no further responsibility beyond the scope of the Artful Caledon initiative for marketing an artist’s work
Please note: Caledon Public Library reserves the right to make the final decision on inclusion in Artful Caledon and the retention period for all materials on the virtual platform.
• Material will remain in the collection for a minimum of one year and are subject to being withdrawn based on our Collection Development Policy
• Displays of this collection will be featured periodically throughout our 7 branches; and promoted on CPL’s website, social media channels and other communication platforms.
• Materials must either:
o Be donated,
o Be available to purchase from local book stores or other vendors*
o Be available to purchase from our library vendor. If you are interested in having your book added to their database, please contact them directly*
o Purchased by credit card,
o Have an invoice provided for payment
• Caledon Public Library bears no further responsibility beyond the scope of the Read Local Caledon initiative for marketing an author or illustrator’s work
• Read Local Authors will occasionally be invited to participate in the special events hosted by the library
* We cannot purchase with cash. While preference is given to purchasing material from the library’s vendor or local book stores, we will consider purchasing directly from a personal website payable by credit card only.
Once approved to the collection, you will be sent an author form to complete.
Please note: Caledon Public Library reserves the right to make the final decision on inclusion in the collection and the retention period for all materials. All Read Local books must meet the basic criteria of CPL’s Collection Development Policy.
Looking for other great creatives? Check out the Town of Caledon’s official tourism website, Visit Caledon.
Artful Caledon is an initiative developed by Caledon Public Library. To contact us, email email@example.com